who would have thought ...1

So got back the next day(like we had a choice)...n waited n waited…n finally got invited to the throne room!! The Head honcho granted us an audience (deeply honored thank you very much!) of about 5 minutes. He is a very nice guy who intro’d us to our bosses and told us that we'll be with ABC for 2 months (thank god!). Our bosses came…one Mr. Cricketer who was R's boss and Mr. Pattani who was mine. They said their Hi s n hellos and enquired about our background and we went back to the game…u guessed right, they asked us to wait. We couldn't care really…it was the time of innocence…we believed that things would be hunky dory, we had stars in our eyes…like little kids in a candy store…ok, who am I kidding…we knew better than that. Mr. Pattani came in and briefed me about a project that involved extensive market research (Oh NO!!) but lady luck (??) was on my side n turns out he briefed me on the wrong project. Then Cricketer came in…I think he's really nice…R would beg to differ though. He asked us to wait outside. Outside that room that is…so we were back to the game but in a different location. They have these really uncomfortable couches places right in everyone's path so any person who walks by will definitely stare at you …u get used to it after a while!

That's when we came across our fortune in print…BRUNCH!! Never heard of a magazine like that…it's like the cheapest page 3 you can come across. Has stupid articles that aren't worth a minute's thought, but I read each and every one of 'em…ugh!!! Later, much later…my boss called me n intro'd me to his assistant who briefed me on what I'd me doin the 2 months and actually made me believe I'll have work!! Poor ol’ gullible me,I volunteered to start the very next day.Now to answer the question you have on your minds.
What is your project??

Well…NOTHING!! I had to co-ordinate (read- make calls n get insulted) with another company and get some work done. To cut a long and tedious story short, it wasn’t a walk in the park, and the phone calls just about sum up the work I had to do.

Mr. X who I was in contact with and I had reached a compromise…albeit non-verbal. The hatred was mutual and we took to addressing each other only when required to (in front of our bosses) and our “good mornings” were addressed to the walls behind each other. Those were the days I could enjoy some peace and quiet! Our meetings weren’t accentuated by not so subtle insults.

On the positive side, I made a great friend, a summer intern working on same brand.
That is to say he didn’t have much to do either (No discrimination). We spent most of our time looking into each others laptops and talking a lot and loudly at that ;)

Soon we were given some work, asked to make a presentation and once that was done it were back to twiddling our thumbs and reading numerous e-books!

It soon grew to be brain numbing. That’s when I started to write about my golden days at ABC. I finished the Dan Brown e-books you see ;)

One fine day my boss tells me …thanks for all your ideas …you can submit a report which we will assure you be a BIBLE (????) around here!! I was like…hello?? You think m 2 years old that ill actually believe what ever you say. He must have seen the incredulous expression on my face…so he asked me whether I wanted to say anything

Sure I did…
I had the worse 2 months here
I was prolly gonna get a D (fail grade) thanks to him
I was considering a career change
If I took one more step there i' d scream n bring the roof down

But on the other side
I have read lotta e-books
Made a good friend
Learnt that patience is indeed a virtue

I had much more running in my head. I chickened and said "nothing, thank you!!"

:(

Ok…this sums up my very active, action filled days during the summer of 2007!
I hear they want a report now…what do I report I wonder???

1 comments:

raji said...

Hey, I can relate to your feelings and you know why.. (hahaha) Well, congratulations for your new blog.. hope to see some nice stuff from you in the near future..

Rajneesh

My Blog List